Herbon Laundry Washing Powders vs. Liquid Detergents
Laundry washing powders and liquid detergents have been fighting it out in the ring for decades now. It’s been years, but we still have no clear winner. Each has its strengths and downsides.
Here, we compare the two considering several crucial factors, including price, effectiveness, availability, storage, and environment-friendliness. We also discuss each’s advantages and disadvantages to help you make a more informed purchase the next time you visit a supermarket or shop online.
Laundry washing powders
Washing powders are less costly than other types of detergents, but their popularity is slowly waning as they aren’t as readily soluble, take more shelf space, and aren’t as easy to store.
- They are among the cheapest detergents and are also the most readily available.
- They usually use cardboard boxes for packaging, which are recyclable and environment-friendly.
- They have more additives compared to other detergents. So, if your area has hard water, washing powder is the best option for you.
- They work well on challenging stains, such as grass and mud stains.
- They have a longer shelf life compared to liquid detergents.
- They require extra storage space during transportation and even on your shelf.
- Washing powders do not dissolve easily in cold water and leave a residue on the fabric, harming both the cloth and your skin.
- You cannot use them on stains as they need to be turned into a paste before application.
Liquid laundry detergents
Though they are much newer than washing powders, liquid detergents have wolfed a large market share in no time. Their easy solubility, availability in various fragrances, and effectiveness in removing stains have contributed to their rising popularity.
- If you want to remove a stain, liquid detergent is your best friend. You can apply them easily on any stain. Unlike washing powders, they require no mixing and making into a paste and are therefore a lot more convenient.
- If you want to get rid of oil and grease stains, use liquid detergent. It penetrates quickly, ensuring effective stain removal.
- They dissolve in water quickly and leave no residue after wash, unlike laundry powders.
- They are easy to store and are available in several aromatic fragrances, ensuring your clothes smell good after every wash.
- It isn’t easy to measure how much liquid you need to wash a particular batch of clothing.
- It is harmful to the environment, as most plastic laundry detergent bottles go to landfills. Though the bottles are recyclable, anyone rarely sends them for recycling.
- They are costlier compared to washing powders.
Both the varieties have their benefits and downsides, and the choice of detergent you want to use will largely depend on your requirements and budget.
Are you looking for organic detergents?
If yes, then look no further than Herbon Natural products. We have a wide range of liquid and powder laundry detergents made with organic ingredients to ensure that your clothes don’t have to suffer harsh chemicals. You can browse through our complete range of products and order online today on our website. You can also call us at (03) 5275 5010 or email us at [email protected] to know more.